In honor of American Heart Month, Appletree Answers is donating $1 for every “like” we receive on the Appletree Facebook page throughout the month of February to the American Heart Association (AHA). To donate visit www.facebook.com/appletreeanswers.
*Appletree will donate $1 for every ‘LIKE’ up to $1,000.
Every year, heart disease takes the lives of over half a million Americans, and it remains the leading cause of death in the United States. As a result, the month of February is known nationwide as American Heart Month.
In order to spread awareness, Appletree would like to share a few tips from AHA on keeping your heart healthy to prevent heart disease.
- Get Active –Start with walking – Walking is one of the best ways to get started. It’s easy, it’s social, it requires no special equipment, and it works! Just walk fast enough to get your heart rate up. Most of us can expect to cover 2 miles or more in a thirty minute block of time. If thirty minutes seems like an impossible goal, start with less.
- Control Cholesterol – You can change what you eat. Eat healthy foods that are low in cholesterol, trans fats and saturated fats. A diet high in fiber also helps keep cholesterol levels controlled.
- Eat Better - Eat vegetables and fruits. They are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber — and they’re low in calories. Eating a variety of deeply colored fruits and vegetables may help you control your weight and your blood pressure.
- Reduce Blood Sugar – Reduce consumption of simple sugars that are found in soda, candy and sugary desserts. Get regular physical activity! Moderate intensity aerobic physical activity directly helps your body respond to insulin.
- Stop Smoking – For more support, visit the AHA Quit Smoking website. Talk with your health-care provider or look for a quit-smoking program. Many hospitals and public health departments offer hotlines and group support with trained staff to help you make new habits for a smoke-free life.
Appletree Answers will further spread awareness by donating $1 for every response they receive to their quarterly Net Promoter customer survey. They saw tremendous results last quarter with a 35% response rate increase by donating to the Ronald McDonald House.
Appletree Answers is proud to help spread health awareness and benefit an organization such as the American Heart Association. All proceeds will go directly to the American Heart Association.